Addison left her shoes behind on 4-30-10 to walk bare foot with Jesus on the streets of gold

Addison left her shoes behind on 4-30-10 to walk bare foot with Jesus on the streets of gold

Sunday, April 18, 2010

The Sabbath-A Day of Rest



Today is truly a "Day of Rest" for me. I was wanting to go to church today,and had every intention of doing so last night,but when I woke up this morning, I felt so sore,achy and tired with lots of head pressure/& a bad headache. (It's been rainy all weekend,and I think that's messing with my allergies) I'm also exhausted,and I think it's because I'm 2 weeks away from my due date! I decided that today would be a good day to really rest so I will feel better tomorrow,and can face my last week of work before I take my "maternity break" for the summer. I've got mixed emotions about this next week,because it will be my last time (for a while) to spend time with Meghan. I'm so excited about Addison's arrival,and am so looking forward to spending the summer with her,and not have to worry about work,but I will also miss little Meghan. She is getting so big! I plan on going to visit her,Chris,Sarah and Susan often,because I'm going to miss them! I've been thinking about "Motherhood" a lot,and have been praying and hoping that I will be a Godly "Mommy" to Addison,and that I will be the best I can be for her. Jeremiah 29:11-13 keeps coming to mind. It says, "For I know the thoughts that I think toward you says the LORD,thoughts of peace and not of evil,to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon ME and go and pray to ME,and I will listen to you. And you will seek ME and find ME,when you search for ME with all your heart." Those verses have been so encouraging to me,because I know that the Lord has my life in HIS hands,and that no matter what, I can go to Him,and seek Him with all my heart,and I will find Him. He will give me the wisdom I need to be a good Mom,I just need to seek Him with all my heart. I hope that all of you are enjoying your "Day of Rest" and,that You will seek HIM with all your heart now and always. That's the pray of my heart for my self,and for you as well. Have a wonderful Lord's day!
Ginny
P.S-I put that picture up,because it looks so calm and peaceful,and reminded me of how "rest" is calm and peaceful...

No comments:

Post a Comment