Addison left her shoes behind on 4-30-10 to walk bare foot with Jesus on the streets of gold

Addison left her shoes behind on 4-30-10 to walk bare foot with Jesus on the streets of gold

Thursday, August 26, 2010

4 Months Later....



It's so hard to believe that it's been 4 months since our baby girl was born, and then just a few short days later, went to be with Jesus. Sometimes it seems like it happened yesterday and other times it feels like forever being here with out her. The Lord continues to sustain Stephen and I, and we are so thankful for HIS blessings in our lives! Our latest blessing, is that we are expecting another bundle of joy sometime late March. We are thrilled! I only wish Addison was here to be the big sister to this baby and that they could grow up together, but I know that's not the Lord's plan for us. She is with Him and that brings my soul delight to know that I will see her again! We miss her terribly, and will never forget her impact in our lives. We look forward to this second blessing with hope, and joy, and we are just blessed by this miracle. So much has happened since Addison was here. It seems as if the world around us keeps on going, but sometimes I feel like I'm stuck in the week of April 25th. The Lord has been gracious to me and my healing. He has shown me so many things, and I am grateful for the chance to grow even closer to my savior. It will always be different without Addison, but we look forward to the future when we will see her again..and she can show us around heaven. :) I could write so much more, but my heart is heavy..and I would stay here too long. In times like these..I just have to take the rest to the Lord.. He has continued to prove HIMSELF faithful to us by loving us, taking care of our needs and showing us the truth of HIS word! God is so good. I would like to share a very sweet poem that my incredible husband wrote for me just the other night. He truly shared his heart in this poem, and I asked him if it would be ok to post what he wrote. (He agreed) I am so blessed with such a Godly man who is there for me, and leads me! I love you Stephen!
Here is the poem:

"I Remember That Day"
Stephen Deason - August 25th,2010

I Remember that Day
Just like Yesterday
Pain…Exhaustion…Fear
For the two I held so dear

Heart Stopping…
Jaw Dropping…
No Words to say
Whatever time was that day

Time stood still
With only prayers to fill
The unexpected that day
Would make some turn away

But You, Oh Lord, are my rock
Shepard of the flock
Do not forget me on this day
Use me Lord I pray

I put my Trust in You
May I be among the few
Praising you
In all I do

Though Time stands still
Lord God, I submit to your will
In my weakness you are strong
In Your arms I belong

Thank you God for my wife
It was You who gave her life
You brought her back to me
Filling my life with glee

My daughter is in your hand
This was in your plan
Not till Heaven will I see
My daughter smiling back at me

Your praise I will forever sing
Putting me under your wing
Now my little girl in the arms of Christ is found
Fret not, I am Heaven bound

We are both so excited to know that we are heaven bound and that we will see the Lord face to face someday...
Thank you for your continued prayers and support!!! We really appreciate it!!! Lots of love to you all!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, love the poem Stephen! Still praying and so proud of the faithful witnesses you both are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful poem! Praying for you both, and your newest little bundle of joy.

    ReplyDelete