Addison left her shoes behind on 4-30-10 to walk bare foot with Jesus on the streets of gold

Addison left her shoes behind on 4-30-10 to walk bare foot with Jesus on the streets of gold

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Slaying my GIANTS



I am up at 1:00 A.M, because the Lord has shown me some things, and we have had a special time together. Just HIM,HIS WORD,and me. I am so happy about this..I just had to get on here to share. Here it is: (get a coke,and a snack...this might be a while..) ;)

We all know the story of David & Goliath, but the Lord has used it to personally speak to me, and has opened my eyes to it in a way that He hasn't before. I will share about it below,but first, here is the summary of the story:

1 Samuel 17:49-51
17:49 -
Then David put his hand in his bag and took out a stone; and he slung it and struck the Philistine in his forehead, so that the stone sank into his forehead, and he fell on his face to the earth.
17:50 -
So David prevailed over the Philistine with a sling and a stone, and struck the Philistine and killed him. But there was no sword in the hand of David.
17:51 -
Therefore David ran and stood over the Philistine, took his sword and drew it out of its sheath and killed him, and cut off his head with it. And when the Philistines saw that their champion was dead, they fled.

The Lord showed me that my "GIANT" is the death of Addison, and that I can't let the enemy use that to "defeat" me. It's the biggest "GIANT" I have ever had to face,and yet...the Lord gives me the "stones" from his WORD,and truth that I need daily to defeat IT,and not let IT defeat me. Goliath was a HUGE guy,and I'm sure David was scared to death when he came up to Goliath and had to face him and try to kill him. The Lord gave him the strength and courage to face Goliath,and He helped him win the victory! After the Philistines saw that their "champion" was dead, they fled. When we allow the Lord to help us slay our GIANTS, the enemy will flee...

While facing the GIANT of Addison's death, I can relate to Psalm 143:3-4 that says, "The enemy pursues me, he crushes me to the ground; he makes me dwell in darkness like those long dead. So my spirit grows faint within me; my heart within me is dismayed." But, Psalm 73:23-26 says, "Yet I am always with You; You hold me by my right hand. You guide me with Your counsel, and afterward You will take me into glory. Whom have I in heaven but you? And earth has nothing I desire besides You. My flesh and my heart may fail,but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." This is such an encouragement to me,because I am not alone while I'm facing my GIANT! The Lord is holding my right hand,and will help me fight off the GIANT! He is so good to show me these things,and I am hoping that this encourages you to seek out the GIANTS in your life,and to let the Lord uphold your right hand and help you win the battle. Don't let the enemy get you down,and defeat you! You can do all things through Christ WHO gives you strength! I don't know what GIANTS you're facing...but I do know that we serve the SAME GOD who helped David many years ago fight his GIANT,and He helped David kill him,and win the victory! I don't understand why some trials seem so much more overwhelming than others, but Ecclesiastes 11:5 says, "As you do not know the path of the wind, or how the body is formed in a mother's womb, so you CANNOT understand the work of God, the Maker of ALL things." I cannot understand the work of God in my life,and it's by His grace that I am where I am today. I know that Proverbs 3:5-6 says that I need to, "Trust in the Lord with all my heart,and lean not on my own understanding;In all my ways acknowledge Him,and He shall direct my path." I will never understand the "why" and the "what if's" but, I know that I need to trust Him to direct my path. I am encouraged by what He has shown me..and I hope it encourages you as well..
Psalm 119:49-50 says, "Remember Your word to Your servant, for You have given me hope. My comfort in my suffering is this: Your promise preserves my life." The Lord has truly given me HOPE in what seems like the darkest time of my life,and He is preserving and sustaining my life... This is not the end of my grief...I will always mourn the loss of my Addison, but knowing that I don't have to do this alone,and that the Lord is helping me to fight the enemy..helps me face each day. He is going to help me fight my GIANTS,and together..we will win the victory! Let's go fight our GIANTS with HIM by our side today...

1 comment:

  1. Ginny. This is a great word. I'm so proud of you my sweet girl. You are a treasure to me and your mom and we could not be more proud of you. I love you and am so happy to how the Lord is caring for you as you continue to walk with Him each day.
    Love Dad.

    ReplyDelete