Addison left her shoes behind on 4-30-10 to walk bare foot with Jesus on the streets of gold

Addison left her shoes behind on 4-30-10 to walk bare foot with Jesus on the streets of gold

Friday, October 8, 2010

My Jesus, I love Thee, I know Thou art MINE!

I took this picture of the hibiscus this past Summer, and it just made me smile and think of God's goodness..so I wanted to share the picture...

The Lord has been teaching me so many things through my pain. I have woken up many nights restless, and go straight to His word, and with out fail, EVERY time I do He shows me something else that I really need to see. He has encouraged my aching,hurting,heavy heart, and I'm so thankful that MY Jesus is the same yesterday, today and forever. He is still the same. There are SO many emotions I am feeling these days, and I am overwhelmed with grief and joy at the same time. It's hard to have both at the same time. I know that it's normal to still miss my baby girl (I always will)but have joy in my heart for the second special blessing that's on the way. A Mommy's heart will always love her children no matter what, and for me, It's loving Addison in heaven and loving the baby on the way. The days are both happy and exciting,and then also very hard and hurtful,but I am encouraged by my Lord's faithfulness to me. I want to share some scripture that the Lord has shown me recently (a friend asked if I would share some of the verses I have found with her, and I decided to put them on here so everyone could be encouraged as I was). Here is some of the scripture the Lord has been using in my life: (Be prepared to read!) :)

Let us hold fast the confession of our HOPE without wavering, for HE who promised IS faithful. Hebrews 10:23

Look to the LORD and HIS strength; seek HIS face always. Psalm 105:4

But I trust in YOUR unfailing love; my heart rejoices in YOUR salvation. I will sing to the LORD, for He has been good to me. Psalm 12:5-6

I have set the Lord always before me, because HE IS at my right hand, I will not be shaken. Psalm 16:8

But whatever was to my profit I now consider loss for the sake of Christ. What is more, I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. Philippians 3:7-8

I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through HIM who gives me strength. Philippians 4:12-13 (I am trying hard to live out being content in any and every situation...)

Anxiety in the heart of man causes depression, but a good word makes it glad. Proverbs 12:25 (I am trying hard to keep myself in HIS word so I don't get depressed by anything.)

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by PRAYER and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your request be made known to God, and the PEACE of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7 (I am thankful that when I pray to God, and give Him my concerns, He gives me that peace that passes all understanding..)

Be merciful to me, Oh God, be merciful to me! For me soul TRUSTS in YOU; and in the shadow of YOUR wings I will make my refuge, until these calamities have passed by. Psalm 57:1

YOU number my wanderings; put my tears into Your bottle; are they not in Your book? Psalm 56:8 (I'm thankful that the Lord takes interest in every tear we cry..I sure have shed a lot of tears, but I glad that He cares about each one..)

In the day when I cried out, YOU answered me, and made me bold with strength in my soul. Psalm 138:3 (I'm so thankful for His strength!)

The Lord also will be a refuge for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble, those who know YOUR NAME will put their TRUST in YOU; For You, Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You. Psalm 9:9-10 (The Lord is my refuge, and I'm so glad I have put my trust in Him..)

Hear my cry, O God; attend to my prayer. From the end of the earth I will cry to You, when my heart is overwhelmed; lead me to the rock that is higher than I. For You have been a shelter for me, a strong tower from the enemy. I will abide in Your tabernacle forever; I will TRUST in the shelter of Your wings. Psalm 61:1-4 (These verses took the words right out of my mouth a few nights ago when I couldn't sleep, and it seemed like the enemy was trying to tear me down, but the Lord showed me this, and I am so glad that He does hear our prayers, and that He is our shelter.)

The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears, and delivers them out of all their troubles. The Lord is near to those who have a broken heart, and saves such as have a contrite spirit. Psalm 34:17-18 (Isn't it awesome how the Lord is "NEAR to those who have a broken heart"? I definitely have a broken heart, but He is NEAR..)

Well...those are just some of the many verses God has shown me in the last few months, and I wanted to share them with you. I hope you are encouraged as I was (and am). Each one has a special meaning to me, and the Lord showed each one to me at the times when I needed it. I'm thankful that He is my best friend, and that He loves me and shows me His truth through His word...

2 comments:

  1. I love that you shared these, Ginny! It is such an encouragement to me to read those verses! To know God has a plan. To know I am being taken care of by Him! I just feel so broken right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Thanks so much for sharing these scriptures, Ginny. :) Truly a blessing. I will continue to pray for you and your little bundle on the way...and pray for you too as you are still missing your little Addison. God bless.

    Desiree

    www.lilliansmommy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete